Accounting / Finance Analyst
EZR Logistics is currently looking for an Analyst to join our Team. This position will play an integral role in the development and standardization of weekly dashboard reporting & analysis to help keep a pulse on the business’s performance, cash flow projections, and portions of the FP&A process. The Analyst will support daily transaction needs of the Company (performed by Clerk), as well as assist the Controller and VP with various tasks & projects, while mainly focusing on supporting the overall development and standardization of procedures and analysis across the organization. This position will require a broad skill set across Accounting & Finance, with technical Accounting knowledge and the desire to develop Finance and Management capabilities & skills. This position will be a developmental role with a direct path to Accounting Manager and/or Controller.
- Preparation of weekly analytical reports including AR Aging, Sales Variances, Cash Reconciliations, and additional reporting requests from Controller.
- Development and preparation of Company Scorecards and Dashboards to monitor and evaluate performance against targets.
- Development and maintenance of models for streamlining the Budget / Forecasting for P&L, BS, Cash Flow, Opex, Capex, Staffing, and other FP&A activity.
- Development of new Policies & Procedures to standardize work across the organization.
- Implementation of new technology solutions (e.g. Expensify) and integration with cross-functional teams to determine overall impact and rollout plans.
- Ownership of ad hoc projects from planning to proposal to execution to evaluation.
- Support full cycle AR & AP in QuickBooks, including preparation, payments, and record maintenance.
- Assists Controller with month-end close including preparing and entering journal entries.
- Responsible for proposing credit limits, credit adjustments, and credit analysis.
- Preparation of data and reports for Controller and other managers to perform analysis.
Specific Skill Sets
- Must exhibit ethical conduct and behavior
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office Suite & O365 toolset
- Experience with QuickBooks, SAP / Crystal a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge of US GAAP and Accounting
- Extreme attention to detail & organization
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Strong organization, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines
- Must have solid understanding of professional office etiquette
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn & expand skill set
- Must be able to work in a minimally structured environment
- Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy, judgement, and the ability to deal with and influence all types of personalities
Education and Experience
B.S. Degree in Accounting or related field required, with 4-5 years of experience working in Accounting or related field / position. Public Accounting background preferred, with Public + Private a plus. CPA or CPA in process desired.
Next Level Supervisor