EZR Logistics is currently looking for a Controller to join our Finance Team. The primary responsibilities will include managing the finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. The Controller will also be a key member of the team that creates and implements policies and procedures that are designed to identify, resolve and document accounting issues, in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The Controller will be a key player in the company and will work closely with the leaders of all departments and functions as well as middle management of the organization. We are looking for the right combination of strong accounting/reporting experience and the ability to develop and evolve an existing infrastructure.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll and reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; ensure team members are adhering to such policies and procedures.
- Develop strong internal control procedures, identifying opportunities to enhance process and controls across all business areas.
- Ensure the timely and accurate closing of monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting in compliance with US GAAP and that the right processes are in place to deliver financial statement integrity in accordance with organization timelines.
- Manages consolidation of company entities, including eliminations and recording of investment in subsidiaries.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly reporting package to the leadership team (coordinate with appropriate parties, as appropriate); implement improvements, as needed.
- Prepare reporting & analysis of financial results related to business and financial objectives, analyzing and explaining variances to management
- Frequently consult with members of the organization to gain information and insight.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments, including operations, sales and marketing
- Involved in preparing business plans for new customers, facilities, and operations.
- Develop, plan & execute the annual budget, and mid-year forecasts as required for discussion with senior management.
- Assist in financial and document preparation and filing for required regulatory agencies.
- Preparation, documentation, and implementation of new standard procedures around S&U tax.
- Manage, mentor, teach and train team members in the GL, Payroll, AR and AP areas.
- Manage/lead the external audit process working closely with our external auditors.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
Specific Skill Sets
- Must be highly proficient in US GAAP, Accounting, & Finance principals
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, & Excel
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks independently, and follow through to completion
- Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment, and deliver results
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must exhibit ethical conduct and behavior
- Should be able to demonstrate diplomacy, judgement, and the ability to deal with and influence all types of personalities
- Should have strong interpersonal skills
- Should demonstrate a desire to learn & expand skill set
- Should be able to work in a minimally structured environment
Education and Experience
Bachelor or Masters in Accounting, Finance, or Business with at least 5-7 years of experience working in the Accounting field, with 3+ years of Senior Accounting or management level responsibility. Must have Public Accounting experience, and CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
The Controller will direct and supervise the Accountant, and any Financial Analysts, Payroll Specialists, Clerks, or other staff added to the Accounting & Finance department. The Controller will also direct and supervise any third-party companies and/or consultants that the VP Finance deems necessary.
Next Level Supervisor
Accounting & Finance Staff